Mount Penn Borough is looking for a part time leaf collector to work with our street crew. Leaf collection is between October 4, 2021 and December 3, 2021 any one interested may send their resume to email@example.com or stop in at borough hall.
Job Title: Streets Supervisor
Reports to: Streets Committee Chairperson (SCC)
Position is overseen by the Streets Committee Chairperson (SCC). Streets Supervisor must be able to perform all aspects of road crew’s responsibilities. Work includes supervising of road crew whose job description involves physical effort, exposure to the elements, potential work hazards and on-call responsibility to work non-traditional hours and in emergency situations. Those employed in this classification should be capable of supervising those who perform strenuous physical duties such as, but not limited to, lifting and moving small equipment, shoveling or loading bulk quantities of material pertinent to the repair and operation of various types of heavy equipment, maintenance of equipment, public streets, and other Borough owned facilities. Must be capable of carrying out special project work, on or within non-Borough owned facilities and/or properties as deemed appropriate by the SCC. Must also possess a working knowledge of all Borough owned infrastructures and Borough owned buildings and will be held accountable for their maintenance and upkeep.
Must be able to manage and supervise road crew, keep time, log all work and maintenance, handle year round road maintenance and upkeep including, but not limited to, snow removal, anti-skid, grading, paving, pothole repair, ordering road materials, and the installation and inventory for proper street signage. Must provide SCC with estimated road work/costs for budgetary use and be able to supply appropriate office staff with accurate quantities and materials for the bidding of road repair contracts. Must also possess knowledge of the operation of all trucks, heavy equipment, tractors, etc. that are owned by the Borough including, but not limited to, their maintenance, fuel requirements, and parts.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma, general education degree (GED).
Ability to read and comprehend the English language, read and comprehend simple instructions as well as short correspondences and memos. Computer skills involving use of the Internet, ability to read and utilize spreadsheets, complete PA ONE CALL ticket registration, and have some word processing skills. Ability to use the Borough cell phone effectively, efficiently and be on call 24/7/365, unless possession of the phone has been relinquished in the event of vacation, sick, or other time off previously approved by the SCC.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
INDIVIDUAL MUST MEET OR EXCEED THESE ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES/DUTIES:
- Streets employees are required to participate in random and post-accident drug and alcohol testing.
- Must possess a clear, uncited, and safe driving record for a minimum of three years.
- Ability to drive all sizes of Borough vehicles, including the operation of snow plows.
- Ability to be trained on and to operate specialized equipment including, but not limited to, snow plows, backhoe, leaf-picking apparatus, dump trucks, various fuel powered equipment, and hand tools
- Ability and availability to perform a variety of after-hours emergency call-out duties for various hazards created by weather, motor vehicle accidents, etc.
- Ability to manually lift and carry a minimum of 65 pounds.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform any and all assigned duties and additional duties, on a timely basis, with limited direct supervision as assigned by the SCC.
- Ability to use power tools.
- Ability to perform minor automotive equipment repairs and general vehicle maintenance.
- Ability to understand and follow routine instructions.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, bend, crouch, crawl, reach, handle, finger, feel, see (near, midrange, and color vision required), push, and pull.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with Borough employees, the general public, and associates.
- Ability to perform custodial duties including, but not limited to, sweeping and mopping floors in Borough owned buildings.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles to transport personnel and minor equipment to and from job sites.
- Ability to comprehend occupational hazards involving such work.
- Performs minor maintenance to equipment such as, but not limited to, washing and waxing of automotive vehicles and equipment, ad adding or applying fuel and lubricants to automotive components.
- Performs duties of flag person controlling vehicular traffic at job sites located on public streets and highways.
- Shows continuous progress in learning to operate all Borough equipment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK REQUIRED MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Supervise/manage 1-3 person road crew effectively.
- Complete PA ONE CALL tickets online.
- Evaluate road/right-of-way conditions in times of inclement weather or emergency situations.
- Monitor snow/ice/high water conditions, ability to tap out road crew effectively at such times.
- Maintain integrity with respect to the use of all Borough equipment including, but not limited to, the use of the Borough trucks, cell phone, hand tools, heavy equipment, etc.
- Snow fighting duties.
- Safely haul materials related to maintenance of the Borough infrastructure or special projects approved by the SCC.
- Supervise labor for road paving, pothole patching, repair and maintenance.
- Work zone traffic control using signs and flags.
- All other duties required or assigned, as designated by the SCC.
- Work with Emergency Management Coordinator for the protection of Borough residents, and any other activities as deemed necessary by the SCC.
THE BOROUGH OF MOUNT PENN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, DEDICATED TO THE POLICY OF NON-DISCRIMINATION IN EMPLOYMENT ON ANY BASIS INCLUDING RACE, COLOR, AGE, SEX, RELIGION, DISABILITY, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN.